Search This Blog

Monday, October 11, 2010

EQ & You

EQ & You - JobsDB talk
Iattended a JobsDB talk on last Sat morning. As usual I find their talk to be highly practical, and offers great value for the measly price thar one have to pay for.

This is the third JobsDB talk I attended. It's about Emotional Quotient (EQ) or Emotional Intelligence (EI). Not a new topic but there has been so much here-say that I am sure not everyone knows what EQ is about, its true meaning and application to our lives, personally or professionally.

Few takeaways:

1. People with IQ above 90 can fulfill 90% of their job requirement. What determines the remaining 10% will have to come from EQ.

2. IQ declines whereas EQ increases with age, so it's never too late to work on your emotional muscles!

3. Start from reviewing within (intra personal) - becomes self aware when you feel emotional - before talking about inter personal. Lead your emotion, rather than being led by your emotion.

4. E-motion is like energy in motion. Set your tone upfront correct at the beginning of each day. It will guide you smoothly along the way throughout the day.

5. Laughter is an antidote to bad mood (emotion). Even if you are not happy (as yet) "Fake it, fake it until you make it" That's a quote from the founder of Laughing club. I was quite impressed by his work in India.

PS: This is the third pen I collected. First time getting the orange color pad. It certainly brightened me up on that day. Haha.

2 comments:

  1. Interesting Patrick! how do you do e-motion?
    Helmy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting question too Helmy! I never really thought of how to do my e-motion. I should be more aware now (intra-personal). Think step one is to build up the self awareness.

    The other reading/ saying I have seen, that helps to build up e-motion for the day, is: to look at the mirror and say affectionately to yourself "I Love You", "I Appreciate You" and other variations, regularly (morning, and as many times as you can). Try it, and let me know how it works on you? :

    There is a blog post below that talks about emotion, in scientific details, have a look. It may answer your question also. Thanks!

    http://redefineyourreality.com/blog/power-of-positive-thinking/

    ReplyDelete

I'd like to hear from you ...